18.3.10

Hold the Phone!!!

I've found out something AMAZING! Truly Spectacular!!

Saturday, March 20th, 2010 is...

*drumroll*

(there's also a french site, the official site, but I don't know how many of you read en Francais...)

So, before I make whatever it is you're voting for (there's still time!), I think I shall have to make Saturday Macarons! Plus, I now have the proper piping tip, so they should be a little more consistant this time!

How lucky are we to live in a world that celebrates things like Macarons?!

Fabulous!

6 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried making savory macarons? (just curious, because I've had the sweet ones and I've always imagined what it would be like to try stranger flavours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, where did you get your beautiful background??? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My background is from http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com, which is a site I love!

    I don't know how well savory macarons would work, because sugar isn't just a flavouring ingredient, but a structural one... I'm not sure what you'd replace it with to make them savory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pierre Herme actually has a ketchup macaron. No joke. Here's the link:
    http://www.davidlebovitz.com/archives/2009/02/ketchup_cookies.html
    insane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! I can't imagine eating those... I think I'll stick to the chocolate ones I'd planned on!

    ReplyDelete