6.3.10

Biscuits in the morning...


2 cups flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter...
3/4 milk

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Sift (or mix, in my case... Sifting on a saturday morning?!) the flour, sugar, bp and salt. Cut the butter in with a pastry cutter or two knives until the butter is about the size of peas.

Mix in the milk until barely combined. Turn out onto a floured countertop, and knead about 10 times, until everything is smoothly combined. Roll or press the dough out to 1/2 an inch thick (or thereabouts). Cut with a floured round cutter of some sort... I use a glass. The number you get depends on the size...

Bake for 10-12 minutes on an UNGREASED cookie sheet until puffy and golden brown.

For me, the trick is to work them as LITTLE as possible. 

 

  

My favorite topping for biscuits? Butter and Corn Syrup, of course! It takes me right back to my childhood. 

6 comments:

  1. OMG - those are wicked, wicked biscuits!!! Look at that rise!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay for real I need to stop reading this blog as I have no self control :)
    They look incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, those look absolutely delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look so good! I could never make them because I would have trouble stopping at one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning has the best things to eat :) they look delisioso!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally made these to serve with a beef stew, and they are absolutely delicious!!!! I'll be making these forever, thank you!

    ReplyDelete