25.2.10

Pots de Creme au Chocolat - Take 2!

 
Not perfect, but better!!
This time, I turned down the heat, and took a few other precautions... I think I'm still whisking the eggs too much at the beginning though. I might try by hand next time, actually!


 
BTW... I love the Porcelain Petites from Superstore... Not very expensive, fabulously cute and practical, and Oven, Microwave and Dishwasher safe!!

 
It's hard to see, but those marshmallows are EVER so slightly orange tinted. Why? Because they're creamsicle flavoured!! Lightly orange and vanilla, and yummy!!
Supplies were running low, and that just wouldn't do!


 
Mmm... Toasty! Also, it gave me an excuse to play with my new Butane torch. Is there anything more fun than playing with Fire in the kitchen?! 
I think not!


As you can see  from the spoon, the outside may be kind of frothy, but the inside is smoooth and rich. It's like... The "creme" part of a creme brulé. But with dark chocolate. Or like the smoothest, richest, creamiest chocolate pudding you've ever TASTED!

But I will certainly be practicing until it's perfect... Poor hubbins, having to help me eat all the rejects!

3 comments:

  1. That looks so good. At least with dark chocolate it is good for you. Was it really rich?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very rich... But in the kind of way that you can eat and eat... I find that creme brulé, for example, I can only eat a little of. But this... I could eat the WHOLE recipe myself...

    ReplyDelete